Saturday, October 10, 2009

To tote or not to tote

Every few months, I get the urge to add to my canvas tote bag collection. Yeah, I know, some of you may be thinking what can look more uncool, more unhip than this (well, this woman, specifically):

Regardless, I refuse to ignore my urge to carry this ultimate prepster carry-all. (In fact, this love for collar's up living is something I must of course revisit in posts to come.)

"What in the world?" you may be thinking. "Doesn't this busy mumma have anything better to do with her time?!" Well, yes, this may be a materialistic and....how, do you say....immaterial way to pass some time. Perhaps. But I do. So there. And, every time I reach this monumental crossroads of decision making, I am faced with the "LL Bean versus Lands' End" conundrum. But, folks, never fear. I have finally, after many years, hung my hat in one corner: Lands' End it is.

Here's the background: I loaded up in May with an entire family of navy, monogrammed LL Bean totes. Love em? Yup. But, things get lost in those vast bottomless pits of sacks. No pockets, no dividers, no nuthin'. Nada, zip, whole lotta zilch. And, with two kids in tow, it reeeally helps to have some pockets, inside and out to divvy up all the shiz, understandably.

So, a few weeks ago, I decided to begin imposing my addiction on my non-conforming girlfriends, beginning with the always fashionable, new mum about town, Ally G. I up and ordered dear Allster a fancy schmancy, 'G' monogrammed, winter violet tote from Lands' End. Well, harumph! It arrived in all its beauty, with a TON of inside and outside pockets. All different sizes and shapes, a mummy's dream. Above and beyond the ever-unfashionable diaper bag, if I may say so myself.


So, the seemingly never-ending internal struggle is put to bed for good. Until, of course, I find my next self-imposed, pain-inflicting fashion-based decision-making conflict. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com